Awaiting the Burning Bush
The Lord wishes for us to ongoingly recalibrate our perception of the times against our unalterable internal anchor identity in Christ. He is always seeking to 1) reinforce our anchor and 2) adjust our hold of that anchor in the face of changing world winds across times and seasons. Seasons of societal turmoil provide immediate opportunity for such revisitation and recalibration.
In this particular season, I’m moved to offer some more reevaluation. John is given a reed to “measure the temple” (Rev. 11) That is part of what we are doing here. In this article, I want to bullet point a number of thoughts and observations for staying the course.
The first statement is to remember that the anchor is “within the veil” (Heb. 6:19), that is, in heaven. It is not here. The greatest problem affecting the present prophetic and intercessory church is that its anchor has been moved from heaven to earth, though that would be denied. How do we know this to be the case?
Jesus said, “Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” For purposes of our article, we would say it this way, “Where your identity is, there will your anchor be also.” This is how we know the prophetic intercessory anchor has been moved from heaven to earth. It is because, although the church prays to heaven and asserts to prophesy from heaven, its identity is completely wrapped up in earth, particularly in earthly nationality.
And how do we know this is so? Just listen to all the prophesying and all the praying. What is it about? It is all about saving a nation. It is not about the kingdom of God, except as that term has been hijacked by nation worshippers who can no longer tell the difference between the two. (For these, saving the nation and advancing the kingdom are synonymous terms, though the Book of Revelation says the opposite.)
In course of writing out this recalibration, let’s first step back and ask, how has this happened?
The reason the anchor has been moved is because of the church’s subjection to pendulum swings across her history. The present state exists due to such a swing. Quite some generations ago, it was well understood that the anchor of our identity is primarily in Christ and in heaven. Everyone understood that the full reality of who we are would not be manifest until we enter glory. It was also understood that our true inheritance would and could only be found in heaven after we leave this life, just as the apostles taught.
But in wake of taking comfort in that certainty, the means of exercising eternal faith through present spiritual impact on earth lay dormant. Few actually exercised faith for expressing heavenly kingdom power on this earthly ground, as the Lord’s Prayer called for. They in fact denied such faith could or should be exercised. Believers were simply content to “get saved,” then live and die here through fleshly life while awaiting their eternal rewards to come.
Over time however, that began to change as God’s Spirit started moving and stirring upon men for exercising present tense earth-impacting faith with powers from the world to come. We began seeing revival movements, out of which grew healing movements, out of which grew deliverance movements, out of which grew faith movements, out of which grew the present prophetic and intercessory movements.
But as it goes, the pendulum thus swung the other way. The anchor of the world to come itself became moved. Those tasting of eternity’s powers eventually became seduced within their exercise of them to believe that their anchor of identity and ultimate inheritance had shifted from heaven to earth (especially to America). And that is to what we have come today.
This perception lies at the heart of this recalibration article. We are at a threshold now in which the powers of the world to come as they have been executed these last centuries are exhausting themselves of what can be made of mortal temporality. For no degree of eternal power can ultimately convert into “His kingdom” that which God has ultimately doomed to destruction. Heaven will not be recreated on earth out of baal-infested human systems of government, culture and society, no matter how much anointing is decreed or falls on them.
At this threshold then, God has made ready to shift our wrongly removed anchor back to Christ alone in heaven where it has always belonged. This means that all prophecies and intercessions to “save the nations” will increasingly lose power. The futility of trying to prophesy and pray and feverishly reinvest God’s life into crumbling human civilization will become more and more self-evident.
Instead, the Book of Revelation is about to come to pass as written. It will no more be gainsaid. God is about to awaken a move through an entirely different undercurrent to return our anchor of identity and inheritance to heaven. This return of the pendulum to eternal center will see the following take place:
· We are going to see a restoration of the missing third element of Paul’s gospel come alive—the element almost universally ignored and corrupted throughout the church age. It is the element in which the gospel calls us to lose all final identity in human family, nationhood and fleshly culture to win Christ. No more patriotism, flag waving and romantic myths about the nations, their histories and genealogies, regardless how previously influenced by the gospel.)
· This will coincide with the “next revelation of Christ” which trumpets the gospel of God’s imminent judgment (Rev. 14:7), and will be especially carried out by those making the first transitions into immortality (for the largely-gentile origined mortal church wineskin has reached the end of its usable shelf-life). But it is under auspices of this revelation that what has been foretold the last few generations as “revival to come” and “final harvest” will take place.
· Accordingly, a new “birthing” movement of deliverance is going to squeeze the inner “temple” church (Rev. 11) out of the world culture and system altogether into a supernaturally established place of protection and preservation spoken of as a “wilderness” (Rev. 12). This movement will be led by anointed deliverers raised up in the spirit of Moses and Elijah who demand the potentates of the world to “let my people go.” This exodus will occur under great world stress as the judgments of God are increasingly released on the nations.
· This exodus will also occur under the increase of war-intentions between the nations, including the present Israel from below (Gal. 4:25). The eternally re-anchored church will no longer be championing “sides” in such wars, which will “continue to the end” (Dan. 9:26). When all is said and done, only the protected remaining mortal church, a small remnant of nations and of natural Israel will survive (Is. 10:20-23; 13:11-12), at which time the fully transcendent transnational “Israel of God” from all time past and present will be gathered to display and share in Christ’s finally unveiled authority (Gal. 6:16; Rom. 11:26; Rev. 19:11-16).
Of all these things, however, we are only now at the threshold. Of keenest interest to and prayer desire of this writer, is the raising up of God’s true deliverers for restoring the church’s identity anchor and for leading her out from her place of servile compromise among the nations. These deliverers exist now and have been in preparation for many years. They are unknown to the public church, but they know their calling. They have been trained, but they have not been empowered to be released.
The empowerment that releases God’s true deliverers into action can only happen when God appears to them in the form of a “burning bush” (Ex. 3). It is at the burning bush that the divine commission is actualized and the rod of authority delivered to those who otherwise always knew they were called to lead God’s people out of this world’s Egypts.
If the church at this season desires a true earthly salvation and is open to a recalibrated vision, let her remove her eyes off elections, off human political saviors, off saving the nation. Let her rather lay down her earthly national identity, break off her deceived emotion-laden culture covenants, and begin interceding for God’s release of deliverers for leading us to the yet unrevealed place of preservation God has already prepared.
Let us all pray for the burning bushes of empowerment to appear to those God has called and prepared in this new hour toward purified identity and inheritance in Christ alone.
New Meadow Neck, RI
First Love Ministry
- a ministry of Anglemar Fellowship
BACK TO TOP
Page created January 7, 2021