19 Then the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a night vision... 20 Daniel said, "Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever, For wisdom and power belong to Him. 21 ... He gives wisdom to wise men and knowledge to men of understanding. 22 It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things... 23 To You, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, For You have given me wisdom and power; ... For You have made known to us the king's matter." 46 Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face and did homage to Daniel, and gave orders to present to him an offering and fragrant incense. 47 The king answered Daniel and said, "Surely your God is a God of gods and a Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, since you have been able to reveal this mystery." 48 Then the king promoted Daniel and gave him many great gifts, and he made him ruler over the whole
provinceof Babylonand chief prefect over all the wise men of . Dan. 2 Babylon
1 For this reason I, Paul, ... 2 if indeed you have heard ...3 that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery.... 5 which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit; 8 To me... this grace was given...9 ... to bring to light ... the mystery which for ages has been hidden in God who created all things; 10 so that the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known through the church to the rulers and the authorities in the heavenly places. Eph. 3
15 For this reason I too ... 16 do not cease ... making mention of you in my prayers; 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him. Eph. 1
15 And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast... Rev. 13
2 And I saw something like a sea of glass mingled with fire, and those who have the victory over the beast, over his image and over his mark and over the number of his name, standing on the sea of glass, having harps of God. 3 They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb... Rev. 15
The scriptures above are strategically woven to paint a revelatory picture of how we are to overcome the final world beast government already emerging before us. From Daniel's encounter with Nebuchadnezzar through Paul's instruction on revelation to John's closing description of the victorious saints, a vital tapestry is spun that we must grasp as we head into the final countdown before open confrontation with the beast power. Observe carefully the development and flow between the following points:
1. Note the integral relationship between the words wisdom (revelation) and power in Daniel 2. The spirit of wisdom / revelation is the key to power in Daniel's confrontation with Nebuchadnezzar.
2. Observe the power that Daniel obtains over Nebuchadnezzar as a result of the wisdom he receives from God. Nebuchadnezzar falls before Daniel in obeisance because of the power of Daniel's revelation. This is important because later, when Nebuchadnezzar erects his image to be worshipped, Daniel is not affected.
3. Understand that Nebuchadnezzar, his image and his world control is a prophetic type of the final beast government and its image of our time. Similarly, Daniel is a prophetic type of the final people of wisdom that confront and successfully overcome the beast. Our wisdom will be the key to our power to overcome.
4. See the parallel between Daniel's "revelation of a mystery" and Paul's "revelation of a mystery" (Read the first lines of Dan. 2:19 & Eph. 3:3 back to back). Then observe how Paul expressly says that the purpose of his revealed mystery is so God's wisdom through the church (including himself) may be made known to rulers and authorities in heavenly places. Paul is prophetically spelling out the church's role to function against heavenly powers the identical way Daniel functioned against Nebuchadnezzar. Remember that these powers are generational and form the same force behind every kingdom from Nebuchadnezzar to the final Man of Sin.
5. Grasp in this light the significance of Paul's prayer for the church (us) to receive the (same) "spirit of wisdom and revelation" (as he possessed). Prophetically understood, Paul is praying for the activation of our functioning according to the Daniel fore type in the face of heavenly powers behind earthly kings. Remember that the spirit of wisdom and revelation is the key to power over any kingdom descended from Nebuchadnezzar's statue.
6. John describes the situation under the final beast government in which participation in commerce requires taking a mark issued by the beast. This mark involves the "name" of the beast and/or the "number" of the beast. He then says, "Here is wisdom." Remembering that wisdom is power, the prophetic purpose of "calculating the number of the beast" is to obtain a revelation concerning it that will give us power over it.
7. The mark of the beast is issued in context of worship of the image of the beast, replaying the image originally erected by Nebuchadnezzar. Remembering that Daniel's wisdom gave him power over Nebuchadnezzar that exempted him from the issue of worshipping the image, John's exhortation to wisdom in calculating the beast's number likewise prophetically points the way to the power of our exemption from worship of that image. The key to our exemption is our obtaining power through God's revelation concerning the beast's number and name the same way Daniel obtained God's revelation about Nebuchadnezzar's dream.
8. John paints a final picture of a church that literally gains the victory over the beast, his image, the mark of his name and of his number. This is not a "spiritual victory" resulting from "faithfulness under persecution unto martyrdom." This is a literal concrete victory through divine power resulting from revealed wisdom regarding the mystery behind the number of the name of the beast. We know this is a literal victory because the song sung by these saints is the "song of Moses," the same song sung after God's literal defeat of
Egyptat the Red Sea. was not "martyred" by the Egyptians. The "song of Moses" was not about martyrs. Israel
What God is seeking to prophetically reveal to us is that resurrection from death through martyrdom and/or our change to immortality are not the only demonstrations of victory God has regarding His people coming out of the Tribulation. God has a corresponding strategic earthside victory over the world commercial system that he intends His people to obtain the same way He gave Daniel power over Nebuchadnezzar and He delivered
Israelfrom the oppression of 's slavery. Egypt
The entire world is fast being reduced to an overt state of economic slavery through a worldwide credit system! The commercial beast of Revelation 13 has already been in emergence for 100 years! You haven't perceived it because the bondages have been implemented so incrementally slowly so as to avoid detection while you have been allowed to still retain an outward semblance of "freedom." (All we need is another couple of 911s and "Patriot Acts" and the mask will completely come off.)
But the truth is you already require a certain governmental "number" and "name" in order to participate in commerce worldwide. Every product you sell has to have a "mark" on it. You have to have a "number" in order to work---a number issued you in most cases now at birth and which tracks you from cradle to grave. You also have a secret "name" you don't even know about, because it is hiding in plain sight. And by that "name" stamped on every government document from your birth certificate to your driver's license you are made a ward of the state. (Sorry, I cannot elaborate in this vignette on that.)
God however is stirring. He is trying to both alert us to our state of slavery and also to reveal to us He has a concrete victory He intends to accomplish through us over this system. Most of us don't even realize how enslaved we are. But among those of us who do, a sort of apathetic resignation so easily besets us so as to say, "What can anyone do?" What we are really saying is, "Who is like the beast? Who can make war with him?" In so saying, we are worshipping the beast in reverse.
But God is saying---if you have ears to hear it---"Wake up saints! I am ready to liberate you from your world economic slavery! And I have a revelation to bring you that will give you power over the beast, over his image, and over the number of his name." (Among the first revelations He has to give us is that the "number of the beast" and of "His name" are not a number and name applied to him, but a number and name he assigns to us. "His" number really means, "His number assigned to you"---just as the Lord's "new name" is a name He gives to us.)
All of us see how bad things are getting around us economically and in every other way. But God has another vision---a vision for literal victory over the beast system and for an entirely new economic system in conjunction with His return and our translation. The Lord has revelation to give of a magnitude never before released, if we will still our hearts long enough from all the angst to begin to listen for it. (If all Daniel had done was to go into angst over the decree of Nebuchadnezzar, he would have gone down with the rest of them!) That new revelation has the power to overcome this wicked commercial system.
For now, that is all I have been commissioned to tell you. The only question left is,
"How badly do I want that wisdom?"
New Meadow Neck, RI
First Love Ministry
- a ministry of Anglemar Fellowship
BACK TO TOP
Page created November 4, 2009